Elwood Law PC was founded in 2016 by Tatiana Logan.
Tatiana has practiced law since 2000, when she graduated from Willamette University and joined Tonkon Torp LLP as an associate attorney. She became a partner at Tonkon Torp in 2008 and, after eight more years of working alongside some of the finest attorneys in Oregon (and, according to Chambers, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers publications, in the nation), she founded this firm.
Tatiana came to the US from Russia in 1995, shortly after the collapse of the Soviet Union. In 2000, Tatiana was one of six students (and the only woman) who graduated with a joint degree, MBA and JD, from Willamette University, passed two bar exams (in Oregon and Washington) and joined Tonkon Torp.
Tatiana's first major project as a lawyer was the initial public offering of TASER International Inc. Since then, she's worked with public and private companies and financial institutions, and some of her representative deals include:
- Purchases and sales of several NIKE subsidiaries
- Debt and Equity Financings of privately held companies by a private equity fund
- Sale of a medical equipment company to a publicly traded corporation
- An internal restructuring project affecting all operational aspects of a fortune 500 company and its subsidiaries in 22 foreign jurisdictions
- Representation of the special committee of the Board of Directors of a resort/hospitality company in connection with the sale of its stock for approximately $1 billion
- Merger of a state-chartered banks with and into a publicly traded bank holding company for stock and cash consideration
- Purchases and sales of federally registered investment advisers
- Purchases and sales of portfolio companies held by hedge funds or private equity funds