At Elwood Law, our mission is to set up our clients' businesses for success from the start:
- We help you make an entity choice and think about corporate structure strategically,
- Make sure that you have the proper licensing, registrations and agreements in place,
- Provide practical solutions to any arising legal issues, and
- Plan and execute your growth and exit strategies.
We assist clients with all aspects of business formation, ownership, operation, transfer and dissolution.
Our practice areas include:
Company formation, determination of entity choice, preparation of shareholder and partnership agreements; strategic advice regarding corporate structure, negotiation and documentation for financing start-ups, ongoing operations and expansion
Representation of buyers, sellers, targets and other parties to acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, reorganizations and joint ventures, legal due diligence, drafting and negotiation of transaction agreements.
Advice on compliance with federal securities laws and state blue sky laws, preparation of any required registrations/filings, representations of parties in private equity and debt funding rounds, including angel investor financing and venture capital, private placements and syndicated and secured loans, including due diligence, transaction documentation and securities law compliance advice.
Advising businesses of all industries on information privacy and security laws applicable to them, including:
- Development of programs and policies governing storage, access, transfer, use, disclosure and disposal of information subject to state or federal privacy and security laws
- Online and email advertising and behavioral marketing
- Guidance on data breach response
- Guidance on cross boarder data transfer issues
- Development of "Red Flags Rule" identity theft prevention programs.
- Preparation and negotiation of vendor agreements involving personal information (including business associate agreements)
- Negotiation of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Information privacy and security issues and contract terms in corporate transactions
- Matters involving children's information and privacy
- Matters involving financial information and privacy
- Matters involving health information and privacy
- Preparation of privacy notices to consumers.
- Development of electronic media and mobile device policies
- Training on information privacy and security.
- Review of vendor policies
Advise clients on the structure, organization and other issues involving private investment funds (i.e., funds exempt from registration under the Investment Company Act of 1940), including:
- Fund structure, formation and documentation
- Fund offering terms
- Securities regulatory and compliance matters
- Marketing arrangements
- Investor relations, including side letters and co-investment structures
- Contracts with service providers
- Management structure, manager formation and management agreement
- Fund transactions, including portfolio loans and investments, acquisitions, dispositions, co-investments and portfolio company representation
- Compliance with the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Customer rules
- Compliance with the regulations of bank holding and financial holding companies
- Transactions involving banks or their subsidiaries
Represent investment advisers and broker-dealers on all phases of their businesses and on all aspects of their organization, regulation and compliance obligations, including:
- Availability and scope of exemptions from registration
- Structuring, organizing and reorganizing investment adviser/broker-dealer firms
- Compliance with federal and state securities laws and federal commodities laws, including registration or complying with available exemptions from registration
- Preparation of disclosures on Form ADV and Form BD
- Employee licensing requirements
- Advisory, sub-advisory and brokerage agreements
- Marketing agreements, including selling agreements and solicitation agreements
- Compliance programs and compliance manuals, including codes of ethics and insider trading restrictions
- Advertising and sales literature issues
- Advice on SEC and FINRA examinations
- Mergers and acquisitions, including sales, acquisitions and spin offs
ABOUT ELWOOD LAW
ELWOOD LAW PC WAS FOUNDED IN 2016 BY TATIANA LOGAN.
TATIANA HAS PRACTICED LAW SINCE 2000, WHEN SHE GRADUATED FROM WILLAMETTE UNIVERSITY AND JOINED TONKON TORP LLP AS AN ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY. SHE BECAME A PARTNER AT TONKON TORP IN 2008 AND, AFTER EIGHT MORE YEARS OF WORKING ALONGSIDE SOME OF THE FINEST ATTORNEYS IN OREGON (AND, ACCORDING TO CHAMBERS, BEST LAWYERS, SUPER LAWYERS PUBLICATIONS, IN THE NATION), SHE FOUNDED THIS FIRM.
Tatiana came to the US from Russia in 1995, shortly after the collapse of the Soviet Union. In 2000, Tatiana was one of six students (and the only woman) who graduated with a joint degree, MBA and JD, from Willamette University, passed two bar exams (in Oregon and Washington) and joined Tonkon Torp.
Tatiana's first major project as a lawyer was the initial public offering of TASER International Inc. Since then, she's worked with public and private companies and financial institutions, and some of her representative deals include:
- Purchases and sales of several NIKE subsidiaries
- Debt and Equity Financings of privately held companies by a private equity fund
- Sale of a medical equipment company to a publicly traded corporation
- An internal restructuring project affecting all operational aspects of a fortune 500 company and its subsidiaries in 22 foreign jurisdictions
- Representation of the special committee of the Board of Directors of a resort/hospitality company in connection with the sale of its stock for approximately $1 billion
- Merger of a state-chartered banks with and into a publicly traded bank holding company for stock and cash consideration
- Purchases and sales of federally registered investment advisers
- Purchases and sales of portfolio companies held by hedge funds or private equity funds